Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hello and Welcome!

Ahoy dear reader, and welcome to this natty little blog. As an amateur historian for the Village of Mokena, Illinois, I'd like to introduce a few things here and there about my hometown. You've never heard of us? Don't worry, people 20 miles from here haven't either. Mokena (moh-KEE-nah) is a far southern suburb of Chicago, located in eastern Will County. We take up about six square miles in Frankfort Township, and have both a 708 and 815 area code.

I could drone on and on about statistics, but that's not what I'm about. (Besides...who cares about statistics?) I'm here to show you some unique things about Mokena. Aside from some cool stores, nice streets to cruise around, and all sorts of awesome people, we've got an absolutely awesome history.

So sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment